The library provides:
- browsing and borrowing
- computer access
- loanable storysacks
- loanable dementia bags
- reading group loans
- in person activities and events
- disabled access
The reading group meets every first Monday of every month from 4.45pm to 5.45pm.
If you're not a member of a reading group and you would like to set one up, you can contact the Reading Group Loan Service.
We offer a range of events across our libraries, such as author talks and learning events.
Health and wellbeing support
This library provides:
- Macmillan cancer drop-in and cancer awareness - this is through the Macmillan Cancer information Project
- specialist collection of books to answer questions on autism
- dementia resource bags - these are aimed for use at home with individuals or family members affected by dementia to promote reminiscence or discussions
Books that can help with your health and wellbeing
Books can be recommended by GPs or other health professionals from the relevant Reading Well list.
Reading Well collections available at Barrow library:
- Reading Well for mental health
- Reading Well for children
- Reading Well for teens
- Reading Well for dementia
- Reading Well for long term conditions
The books can be borrowed and requested free of charge.
How to get here
Bus station 200 meters from the library.
There's no customer parking on site.
Login to your library account
Here you can search the catalogue, view your library account and renew items.
If you're not a member, you can apply for a library membership.
There is disabled access to this building.
Monday: 9:30am to 6pm
Tuesday: 9:30am to 6pm
Wednesday: 9:30am to 6pm
Thursday: 9:30am to 6pm
Friday: 9:30am to 5pm
Saturday: 10am to 4pm
This library is closed on public and bank holidays.