Council Tax

Who needs to pay for Council Tax, how to apply for a discount or an exemption and how much it costs.

Paying your Council Tax

Check who needs to pay and who doesn't, the different ways you can pay and what happens if we have to recover money owed.

Second homes and empty homes

You’ll usually have to pay Council Tax on a property you own or rent that’s not your main home, such as a holiday home.

Contact this service

  • Council Tax general enquires: 0300 373 3300