Tell us about a Council Tax change

Tell us you're moving home, about a change to your household or family or if someone has died.

You'll need to tell the Council Tax team in your area.

Barrow area

Use the online form to tell us if you've changed your name or address.

Tell us about a change online

Eden area

Tell us online if you've:

If you’re a landlord that has tenants leaving or joining a property

Fill in the Council tax account change to details for landlord's report form

South Lakeland area

Contact the South Lakeland Council Tax team if:

  • you’re moving out or into a property
  • you’ve changed your name
  • you’re a landlord who has tenants leaving or joining a property

Customer Services, Council Tax
Telephone: 0300 373 3300

When you need to contact us

You’ll need to contact us if:

  • someone moves in or out of your property, including if you get married or divorced
  • you’ve changed your name
  • someone living with you turns 18
  • someone has died
  • you’re a landlord who has tenants moving in or out of a property

If you have moved house you may also need to update your details to vote. You will need to register to vote again on the GOV.UK website.

Notify us if someone dies

We understand the difficulties faced by families after someone has passed away.

Notify us of a death through the Tell Us Once service which will help to reduce the amount of time you need to spend contacting government departments and organisations after someone has died.

Notify us through the GOV.UK website