The library provides:
- browsing and borrowing
- computer access
- loanable storysacks
- loanable dementia bags
- reading group loans
- disabled access
- a car park
There are a number of reading groups at this library:
- A group meets every third Wednesday of the month from 7pm to 9pm
- Bay Book Group - meets on the second Thursday of every month from 2pm to 3.30pm
- Grange library Over Sands - meets on the third Wednesday of every month from 2pm to 3.30pm
- Bookmarks - meets on the second Wednesday of every month from 7.30pm to 9pm
- Dust Jackets - meets on the second Wednesday of every month from 7.30pm to 9pm
If you're not a member of a reading group and you would like to set one up, you can contact the Reading Group Loan Service.
We offer a range of events across our libraries, such as author talks and learning events.
Health and wellbeing support
This library provides health and wellbeing support and guidance from a Westmorland and Furness Council Coach.
Health and Wellbeing Officer Drop-in are every first Friday of the month 10:30am to 12:30pm.
This library also provides:
- Macmillan cancer drop-in and cancer awareness - this is through the Macmillan Cancer information Project
- dementia resource bags - these are aimed for use at home with individuals or family members affected by dementia to promote reminiscence or discussions
Books that can help with your health and wellbeing
Books can be recommended by GPs or other health professionals from the relevant Reading Well list.
Reading Well collections available at Grange over Sands Library
- Reading Well for mental health
- Reading Well for dementia
The books can be borrowed and requested free of charge.
Login to your library account
Here you can search the catalogue, view your library account and renew items.
If you're not a member, you can apply for a library membership.
How to get here
Buses are hourly from Kendal and Barrow. Also local bus service for Grange and Cartmel Peninsula.
Regular trains from Ulverston, Barrow and Lancaster.
Grange Fell Road
Grange over Sands
This building has disabled access.
Monday to Friday: 10am to 5pm
Saturday: 10am to 1pm
This library is closed on public and bank holidays.
Grange over Sands Library