The library provides:
- browsing and borrowing
- computer access
- loanable storysacks
- in-person activities
- loanable dementia bags
- reading group loans
- disabled access
Redesign works are now complete
The reading groups held at this library:
- Monday group 2 - meets on the first Monday of every month from 2.30pm to 4pm
- Tuesday group 4 - meets on the first Tuesday of every month from 2.30pm to 4pm
- Thursday group 1 - meets on the first Thursday of every month from 7.30pm to 9pm
- Saturday group - meets on the second Saturday of every month 12pm to 1.30pm
If you're not a member of a reading group and you would like to set one up, you can contact the Reading Group Loan Service.
We offer a range of events across our libraries, such as author talks and learning events.
Health and wellbeing support
This library provides:
- Macmillan cancer drop-in and cancer awareness - this is through the Macmillan Cancer information Project
- specialist collection of books and DVDs to answer questions on autism
- dementia resource bags - these are aimed for use at home with individuals or family members affected by dementia to promote reminiscence or discussions
Books that can help with your health and wellbeing
Books can be recommended by GPs or other health professionals from the relevant Reading Well list.
Reading Well collections available at Kendal library:
- Reading Well for mental health
- Reading Well for children
- Reading Well for teens
- Reading Well for dementia
- Reading Well for long term conditions
The books can be borrowed and requested free of charge.
Login to your library account
Here you can search the catalogue, view your library account and renew items.
If you're not a member, you can apply for a library membership.
How to get here
There's a bus station on Blackhall Road outside Westmorland Shopping Centre.
There are regular trains from Windermere and buses from Barrow and Grange.
This building has disabled access.
Monday: 9.30am to 5pm
Tuesday: 9.30am to 5pm
Wednesday: 9.30am to 7pm
Thursday: 9.30am to 1pm
Friday: 9.30am to 5pm
Saturday: 9.30am to 4pm
This library is closed on public and bank holidays.