Report a problem with a pavement

Report a problem with a pavement, including loose or damaged paving stones, obstructions such as advertising boards, hoardings and overgrown hedges and trees, potholes, manholes covers and drains.

Report a problem

You can report problems with:

  • potholes 
  • flagstones and paving 
  • manhole covers
  • drains and gullies
  • damaged bus shelters
  • icy pavements 
  • trees and vegetation

Call us

You can also report a problem by phone, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm:

Phone: 0300 373 3306

Obstructed pavements

Report a problem

We can investigate obstructions on the pavement and either make them safe or remove them. Such obstructions include:

  • street work or roadworks (with or without barriers)
  • skips
  • scaffolds
  • hoardings
  • advertising boards, if blocking the pavement
  • building materials
  • banners or bunting
  • hedges or trees

Some obstructions may need legal action to be taken to remove them. This process can take months to complete. Any obstruction considered to be dangerous will be removed as soon as possible.

Street care and cleaning

To report a problem, go to our page on street cleaning.

Streetworks on the pavement

When streetworks are taking place on the pavement, the organisation carrying out those works, generally a utility company, is responsible for the safety of pedestrians during the works.

They must make sure, where necessary, that there is a safe diversionary route and that the pavement is reinstated to a certain standard. All utilities must provide an information board at every site so that complaints and queries can reach the responsible organisation.

Report a problem with a road

You can also report a problem with a street or road.