Council housing

Council housing is only available in the Barrow and Eden areas. There is social housing in South Lakeland which is owned and provided by housing associations.

You will need to register with Cumbria Choice Based Lettings to apply for a property in your area.

Check another post code

Why you're going to a different website

As a new council we are in the process of adding information to this website. To give you the information you need some pages will link back to the old council websites.

About the council changes