Overview and asset management strategy
We look after and maintain:
- 7,947km of roads
- almost 5 million square meters of path and cycleways
- 3,175 structures, including bridges
- 151,187 gullies
- 44,611 street lights
- 3,487 illuminated signs
- 104 traffic signal controlled junctions
- 111 controlled pedestrian crossings
Our asset management documents detail how we plan to look after this network.
National Highways look after 5 major roads in Cumbria:
- A595 - from the A66 to Calder Bridge
- A69 - from Carlisle M6, Junction 43, heading east
Cumbria transport infrastructure plan
You can also read the Cumbria transport infrastructure plan.